Olive and Basil Naan Bread
20 pitted black olives, sliced
6-8 basil leaves, sliced
400g self- rasing flour
7g easy blend yeast
150ml warm milk
75g melted butter or ghee
- Mix the flour, salt, sugar and yeast in a bowl, use a round bladed knife to stir in the milk and mix to form sticky dough. Lightly knead on a floured surface for 5 mins until smooth, elastic and no longer sticky.
- Return to the bowl, cover and keep in a warm place for 1 hr or until the mixture doubles in size.
- Tip the dough onto a floured surface, divide into 4, then use a rolling pin to roll each into a 20cm circle.
- Scatter the olives and basil in the centre of the dough circles. Brush a little water around the edges, then roll again to seal in the filling and make a tear shaped bread.
- Melt the butter or ghee and brush on both sides of the naan. Cook on a hot oven at 220oC or in a tandoor until golden and puffy.
- Smear butter, cut and serve with curry.